change the values while tranforming

• Hi All,

Is it possible to chage the values while transforming the values in SSIS. For example...I have bit values coming from database..say 0 & 1 and need display as " No" for Zero and " YES" for one at the destination.

I know that we can do it in sql query by using a case statement. but is there anything simpler way in SSIS. Because I have many fields when in I need to do this tranformation.

Thanks,

Preensheen

• preensheen (10/12/2010)

Hi All,

Is it possible to chage the values while transforming the values in SSIS. For example...I have bit values coming from database..say 0 & 1 and need display as " No" for Zero and " YES" for one at the destination.

I know that we can do it in sql query by using a case statement. but is there anything simpler way in SSIS. Because I have many fields when in I need to do this tranformation.

Thanks,

Preensheen

I'm guessing you're asking about doing this in the data flow. The answer is yes. The derived column transform is made for things like this.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (10/12/2010)

preensheen (10/12/2010)

Hi All,

Thanks,

Preensheen

I'm guessing you're asking about doing this in the data flow. The answer is yes. The derived column transform is made for things like this.

hey I am not sure..if we can do it using the drived column component, because we can't put a condition in it. But I really don't need to actully transform it..because I am loading the data to CSV..henceforth it is automatically..take the bits and giving the boolean result.

Thanks, all for the Help

• You could use a conditional split followed by as many derived columns as you need.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (10/12/2010)

You could use a conditional split followed by as many derived columns as you need.

Hey ya, I thought about it..i have many columns which have bit values, I think it will become very tedious.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply