Change Variable value at Deployment time

• hi! All

i have an SSIS Package in which u have an ActiveX Script that needs an SQL Server Connection.

the Connection Strings being different in dev, intermediate and production servers, i made use of Variables so that i can change the value at the deployment time and accessing the same using "DTSGlobalVariables("SQLCON")", but now when i m deeploying the package on to the intermediate server, it is not asking me the VARIABLE Value.....

I need to change the same at the server level. Please help...

Thanks & regards

Nitin'

Regards,

Nitin'

• What you need to be looking at here, is Package Configurations. If you right-click the control flow pane, the 2nd or 3rd option is Package Configurations - that launches a wizard that helps you set up configurations for your SSIS Packages.

I've only made use of XML configuration files so far. I have used them to change connection strings, file locations, variable values etc. etc. The configuration values are loaded, as I understand it, at run time of the package, so the new values are applied then. Also, it seems to make life easier when you turn off validation (set DelayValidation to TRUE), to avoid unnecessary validation errors.

HTH

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply