Changing SQL Code/VBA

• Hi Guys

I have a problem which is really bugging me....

I have some VBA code in excel which calls some SQL code in SQL Server and runs it. It then imports some tables as a result of the SQL code.

I have made some mods to the original SQL code and changed the server on which it runs.

My problem is....when I now ru nthe VBA it crashes out with an ODBC error. Im pretty sure the ODBC connection for the new server is fine as it works on other code etc.

Any ideas?

If riding in a plane is flying, then riding in a boat must be swimming. To experience the element, get out of the vehicle. Skydive!

• The exact error is :

run-time error 1004

General ODBC Error

If riding in a plane is flying, then riding in a boat must be swimming. To experience the element, get out of the vehicle. Skydive!

• problem solved, no problem. End.

• Can you post the solution so that others may profit from your experience?

• If there was one, of course, although I feel the error was of my doing in the first place. It was due to the version of Office I was using (2000) when the original was produced in Office 98.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply