Changing SSRS 2005 server mode from Native to Integrated for MOSS2007

• Whew! That is some post title! 😀

I have a SSRS 2005 installed in Native mode. I need it to work with MOSS 2007 in integrated mode.

I have existing reports (in the native mode) that I want to still work along side the new MOSS 2007 ones. In SSRS configuration manager, when I try to change the Server Mode, I get a warning that I will need to create a new report server database.

Is this possible, or will it mess up my existing reports? Can I create a new set of databases in integrated mode while the native mode one still exists?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

• You can't have both to my knowledge...Basically when you run under Integrated mode all of your configuration is managed by the same database as your sharepoint instance. I would script out all of your reports (using RS Scripter) and backup everything before attempting to cut over to integrated mode.

I'm interested to hear how this goes so please post updates as you make progress!

Cheers,

Ben Sullins
    bensullins.com
    Beer is my primary key...

• I think you have both, but you can not move your SSRS database to Share point and you will not able to subscribe report if those are only on share point, for subscripting you need SSRS. for more info download this PPT

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/7/2/d72c9ccf-eebf-4c71-86c0-07904fc1cadb/SharePoint%202007%20and%20SQL%20Server%202005%20Reporting%20Services%20Integration%20Explained.ppt

Please let know how that work i am working in this issue handle it. I want both functionality.

Thanks,

Irfan Ahmad

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply