Checkalloc doesn't come back

• I have several user databases on one of my servers, on one of the databases the DBCC Checdb or check alloc command does not complete, ran for 30hrs over the weekend before being killed. The database is less than a 1 gig. All other databases work fine.

Running the dbcc checktable for each user and system table found no errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Zacharkan

John Zacharkan

• Did you run dbcc checkDB on those databases?

• dbcc checkdb ran fine on all user and system databases, except for this one user db. I also subsequently had found that all database and transaction log backups for this one db, were failing since Sat. Coincided with the clock changing. This was just a weird problem, as I mentioned the check table ran fine. And the end users were fine all other database transactions seem to be functioning ok.

That said, I had to leave early yesterday so to cover myself I DTS - exported the entire database to another db and then checkdb and backed it up; no problem. Figure worse case I would redo it again in the AM, and then rename the databases.

This morning I notice a time discrepancy between the Eventlog and the SQL server log on when the check db and backups occurred on Sat (1 hr diff). I reexported my database, bounced the server, ran dbcc checkdb on the troubled database, backed it up and now all is well.

Sure would like to know what happened. If this has ever occured to any of you out there please write.

Best regards,

John Zacharkan

John Zacharkan

John Zacharkan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply