Checking if SSIS package is running

• I have a SSIS package which loads data from a text file to a table in DatabaseA. I have another package which loads data from a text file to a table in DatabaseB. My manager wants the package to load data to DatabaseB on hold if the package using DatabaseA is running. Right now when both packages are running at the same time, the performance is going down the hill, sometimes it even kills the server.

Is there anyway to check if other packages is running in the same server? How about on different server? Do I need to put it in a job? But can I still check if any job is running in a different server?

• I am having similar issues. Did you find a way out? Anyone to help?

[font="Verdana"]Imagination is more important than knowledge-Albert Einstein[/font]

• Loner (2/27/2008)

I have a SSIS package which loads data from a text file to a table in DatabaseA. I have another package which loads data from a text file to a table in DatabaseB. My manager wants the package to load data to DatabaseB on hold if the package using DatabaseA is running. Right now when both packages are running at the same time, the performance is going down the hill, sometimes it even kills the server.

Is there anyway to check if other packages is running in the same server? How about on different server? Do I need to put it in a job? But can I still check if any job is running in a different server?

Hello Loner,

I think you can create SQL Agent job steps for both these packages and see that the second job step (Database B Package) runs only when the first job step (Database A Package) is successful. In this way, you can be sure that the package executed successfully.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Lucky

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply