Checkpointing taking lot of time

• Guys..I am developing a package in which m using checkpointing..but dnt know why..checkopint update is taking aweful long time..it is actually behaving like following..n m using the same checkpoint settings in other packages..but not havin any probs there..

Information: Checkpoint file "C:\ETLROOT\Scratch\\Dsc_Lprod_checkpointFile" was updated to record completion of this container.

Progress: - 0 percent complete

Progress: - 1 percent complete

Progress: - 2 percent complete

My package has 3 containers..in first container, I extract the data from source..in 2nd container..I apply transformations to the incoming data and insert into a temp table..in 3rd container..I either append the new rows to the existing data or update the existing data depednging on the quality of incoming data..

so can anybody pls throw some light on this..

• Would you consider this a restartable process, meaning that if you send in the same data-file it will not corrupt the existing data. It may redo some work but won't screw up whats there?

If so I would probably not use checkpoints, I rarely do. Also I try to build my processes so that they are restartable just by re-running the package or job.

CEWII

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply