Cleanup LSCopy and LSRestore Agent Jobs

• Can the LSCopy and LSRestore agent jobs be deleted from a server without affecting the databases on the primary and secondary instances. These are in production and we do not want to delete the agent job and the tables/databases related to the jobs get dropped or any other related objects.

Also, how would you build a script to delete LSCopy* and LSRestore* agent jobs?

• Any reason you are trying this?. If you don't need the job you could disable them right?

M&M

• The jobs are disabled. Since log shipping is no longer used, we are doing cleanup. I just want to verify there will be no negative impact on either the principal or secondary by deleting these jobs.

• If the idea is to remove logshipping, I hope you have followed what is described in this link.

link

If you have followed the steps in the link, my question is, are you still seeing the jobs?

Checking with you as I have not tried this stuff on my test server.

M&M

• Yes, log shipping is disabled. However, the LSCopy* and LSRestore* agent jobs are still on the server. We are just trying to cleanup disabled and un-needed jobs.

• I guess deleting these 2 jobs shouldn't cause you issues as you have already disabled logshipping. However, I would suggest you to perform this activitiy on your test server first and then implement in production as you don't want issues. You might know this already but just my two cents 🙂

M&M

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply