Clearing the data from all the tables

• VSSGeorge wrote:

Yes, I am replacing TRUNCATE with DELETE.  There are around 150 tables in total & for around 80 tables I have to reset the identity. Rest, of the tables, I can leave as it is.

I see that you are avoiding responding to all of the suggestions which don't correlate with your sp_MSForEachTable idea. Why is that?

Do you have your database code in source control? Publishing from source control is a really easy way of achieving this, and should be faster and less resource-munching than your DELETE solution.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin wrote:

VSSGeorge wrote:

Yes, I am replacing TRUNCATE with DELETE.  There are around 150 tables in total & for around 80 tables I have to reset the identity. Rest, of the tables, I can leave as it is.

I see that you are avoiding responding to all of the suggestions which don't correlate with your sp_MSForEachTable idea. Why is that?

Do you have your database code in source control? Publishing from source control is a really easy way of achieving this, and should be faster and less resource-munching than your DELETE solution.

I didn't want to say anything, but YEA! It sure feels like we're doing a lot of hard work to avoid an easy solution.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply