Clustering Question

• We are testing SQL Cluster on Data Center with service pack1. We manually Failover the Cluster IP address and it did moved to the other node, as it supposed to be. Now we moved the SQL Group, the Physical disk did came online but SQL Server, Agent, SQL IP Address, SQL Network name shows “Online Pending”. Any idea?

Shas3

• Shouldn't it have failed over sql when you failed the active node period? I thought that the ip was tied to the sql server so if a top level resource failed over sql should fail over with it.

Wes

• Any errors in application/system logs in all nodes?

• I am not sure either, May be that’s correct if the SQL Server IP Address fails, it moves the entire related services

Allen

I do see there is a message in the virtual server/ Even log.

Application popup: cluadmin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed : The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.

Shas3

• I restarted the Cluter service and it's its back.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300183

Shas3

• We just found that SQL IP Address is not added to the dependencies list to the Physical disk where the systems files located. So what really happened is when we move the sql group, It is just moving the Disk and rest of the services are on the other node as its not dependent. This makes SQL to hung, the systems file location is on the other node and sql server services running on the other node

Shas3

• That would do it. so you added all the dependencies to one group to make sure they all fail over together?

Wes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply