Clustering SQL Agent

• Hi all,

I'm a clustering newbie, have a task to set up clustering and part of the requirement is to cluster the jobs as well. So, if server A goes down, we want to jobs to run on server B. I am clear on how to cluster SQL Server, but am not sure how to cluster SQL Agent. Please help, thanks in advance.

• shahgols (8/13/2016)

Hi all,

I'm a clustering newbie, have a task to set up clustering and part of the requirement is to cluster the jobs as well. So, if server A goes down, we want to jobs to run on server B. I am clear on how to cluster SQL Server, but am not sure how to cluster SQL Agent. Please help, thanks in advance.

When you cluster SQL Server , SQL agent is part of the SQL Cluster.

• shahgols (8/13/2016)

Hi all,

Check my stairway for AlwaysOn starting at the following link

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/stairway/112556/[/url]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply