Clustering Tools: Has anyone used/tried SQLUP?

• I cam across this app on one of the adds and wondered if anyone has used this in the enterprise? (Incepto SQLUP!™) ww.incepto.com

We are currently investigating different redundancy solutions, we have 2 sites and the current thinking is to upgrade from sql 7 to 2000 and implement a cluster at one site. I have implemented sql 7 clustering in previous projects, but am interested to find out if this s/w clustering works.

The ideal solution would be to setup a cluster with one node at each site, giving us both redundancy but also a DR solution for the SQL servers.

Any comments? Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

sqletom 🙂

• I spent some time evaluating the produt whilst in beta. It works - does what it says. For the project I was working onI could not justify the cost, as I could reproduce what this product was doing using replication.

Tim

• The pricing guide as supplied to me by Eyal Aharon of Incepto Ltd is as follows - this was back in March prior to release, so the pricing may be different now

"SQL-UP! is priced according to the architecture of the clustered system. The list price starts at $5000 for the simplest configuration (single database, clustered on 2 servers over LAN) and goes up to $25,000 for the most complex one (multi-database on multi-node cluster over WAN)."

Tim

• If you are serious about your data you know by now that replication doesn't cut it, you should only use replication if you cant afford a better solution.

If you have the 5k and wanna use it on a simple, reliable product with a proven solution for clustering/failover and even disaster recovery try Replistor and Co-Standby Server from Legato, this products are solid as a rock. And more importantly, you will sleep well at night.

Gerald Nelson MCP/MCDBA

Edited by - LordXmen on 10/28/2002 9:02:18 PM

Gerald Nelson MCP/MCDBA

• I haven't used those products but I am a big fan of legato backup services. Can you give some details about the product and your experiences with it?

Wes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply