CMS

• As below I am running this powershell script as a sqlagent job on SQL Server - XXXXXXX which is the Central management (registered) server.The job executes fine but the table dbo.test is not getting populated with the required data.Can someone help me figure this out.

$CentralManagementServer = "XXXXXXX"

$HistoryDatabase = "YYYYYYYY"

function ResultInsert($sqlServerVariable, $sqlDatabaseVariable, $EvaluatedServer, $EvaluatedResult)

{

$sqlQueryText = "INSERT INTO dbo.test (servername1,servername2) VALUES('$EvaluatedServer', '$EvaluatedResult')"

write-output $sqlQueryText

Invoke-Sqlcmd -ServerInstance $sqlServerVariable -Database $sqlDatabaseVariable -Query $sqlQueryText

}

$sconn = new-object System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("server=$CentralManagementServer;Trusted_Connection=true");

$q = "select name from [msdb].[dbo].[sysmanagement_shared_registered_servers_internal];"

$sconn.Open()

$cmd = new-object System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand ($q, $sconn);

$cmd.CommandTimeout = 0;

$dr = $cmd.ExecuteReader();

while ($dr.Read()) {

$ServerName = $dr.GetValue(0);

$sqlQueryText = "select @@version"

$selectResult=Invoke-Sqlcmd -ServerInstance $ServerName -Query $sqlQueryText

[string]$a=$selectResult.column1

ResultInsert $CentralManagementServer $HistoryDatabase $ServerName $a;

}

$dr.Close()

$sconn.Close()

• You could try this:

http://nclsqlinv.codeplex.com/releases/view/78228

I have this deployed on a central server, that gets all the info for all the registered servers I enter in its database. It has a lot more info than you would probably need, but you can always customize it.

• I got the above script working.But now I only have the servername and the version in the database.I would like to have the following details as per the below t-sql.

SELECT @@servername as Servername, name as DBName,[crdate] AS [LastStartupDate],

substring(@@version,1,26) as SQLServerVersion

FROM [master].[dbo].[sysdatabases]

--,[dbo].[Table_1]

WHERE [master].[dbo].[sysdatabases].[name] = 'tempdb'

--order by LastStartupDate desc

order by @@ServerName desc.

Can someone please include the LastStartupDate into the power shellscript above.

• Hi. I am trying to use the same script and facing the issue that the values are not loaded to the table. How you made the script working?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply