Coding With Music

• Kenneth Wymore (12/6/2010)

I think this could be a whole other forum discussion. "How much of your time is spent doing work other than coding and how much time do you think developers SHOULD have for dedicated development time?"

Great idea. I'll work on something.

• dmurray-548176 (12/3/2010)

I am a musician and most music tends to distract me as I start listening rather than doing.

But I've always found chamber music more fun to play than to listen too and that works very well for me. When I need to move the work along, an upbeat Mozart quartet can do the job for me. It seems to keep the neurons firing and my thought processes ride that wave. That might be related to the idea that Mozart helps babies learn.

When it's time to break, some classic rock or Irish trad does the job. New age or other elevator/office music puts me to sleep.

Really? For me, I constantly have a song playing in my head whether I'm listening to music or not, it simply gives me more variety when I actually have my headphones on. (for instance, I've had the same Third Eye Blind song stuck in my head for the last few hours, and need to listen to something else to get it out)

Maybe I'm just schizo, 😛 but I constantly have my internal thought monologue, some music and then whatever I'm actively working on, all going on at the same time inside my head.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Well if you're schizo then so am I. I constantly have either an internal monologue or a song in my head and I often hear a couple of words or a couple of sounds and associate those to songs too, which doesn't help with keeping songs out of my head at all!

It could be worse. It could be voices other than your own!

• Maybe you are hearing each other! :w00t:

• For me - Give me some nice Floyd Cramer piano music for the day. During thinking times - I like either Korean or Japanese instrumental music or just sounds of the waves on the coast or a waterfall.

Joe

• Cleanliness (and Silence) is narrow minded...

Music is Multi-tasking...Might not easy for every human like computers

So it all depends you belong to which class and more specially what is your job role.

Cheers.

• I definitely use music as a way in which allows me to concentrate on what programming that I perform. If people around me would stop giggling and carrying on about nonessential things like football, basketball, and stuff like that, it would be easier to program without having the music playing.

James E. Freedle II

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply