Collation settings

• Hi all,

i am installing SQL Server 2000 and I want to put SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS as collation but when i must choose the collation type I only can choose SQL_Latin1_General_CI_AS.

I need that the collation was that with these characterictis "Latin1-General, case-insensitive, accent-sensitive, kanatype-insensitive, width-insensitive for Unicode Data, SQL Server Sort Order 52 on Code Page 1252 for non-Unicode Data"

I only can choose Latin1_General_CI_AS and I was reading on Internet and I saw that both collations are not the same.

How can I choose SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS ? I need this collation in the system databases.

Thanks in advance.

• ALTER DATABASE COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

SELECT DATABASEPROPERTYEX('CDR_SQL','Collation')

• Thanks for your reply, but I am installing the server and I need to have the master database with that collation too.

I could install with SQL_Latin1_General_CI_AS and later to use the alter command with the user database.

But for the master database I need to launch rebuildm proccess and then I have the same problem because I can't choose the SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS collation.

I only can choose SQL_Latin1_General_CI_AS at the begining of the installation.

Thanks

• During installation you'll come to the following screen. Select this option and you will get the desired collation setting:

Collation Setting

:smooooth:

• I can't view the screen in your message about Collation Setting. I was receiving an error.

In the installation I only can choose Latin1_General_CI_AS.

In the text box I only can choose Latin1_General and on the right screen the options about case and accent sensitive.

I don't know if Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS not exist for server collation and this collation is only for databases collation, and after to installa SQL I must change the database collation with ALTER DATABASE.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply