Comment out

• Hi

I expect this is a real simple question, which has probably been answered before but I cannot find it.

I am using SQL 2000, a while back, in query analyzer, I accidentally hit some funky key combination, I think it was ctrl+(something?) and i managed to --comment out all the code on the page.

didn't need it then, but I do now, and I have no idea what it was and I ain't brave/dumb enough to sit here holding down the ctrl button and pressing keys 'til i find it .

If anyone can help me, or guide me to a list of key shortcuts for SQL 2000, be much appreciated

cheers

Wayne

• I don't know about an option to comment ouot everything on the page, but to comment out the rows selected the default in SQL 2005 is Ctrl + K, Ctrl +C.

But you can also use the 2000 combination Ctrl + Shift+C if you like > In SSMS under tTools select customize, click on Keyboard and then select Keyboard under Environment.

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have tried it but no joy I'm afraid

I'm sure i did it, actually I know I did it, just have got no idea how

Thanks anyway

• Hi Markus

Following your help I had a further look

and yes you are right the combination you offered me Ctrl-K, Ctrl-C works for selected text in 2005

for SQL 2000 the combination is CTRL+SHIFT+C. I must have highlighted the text beforehand as again you a perfectly right it only works on selected text

I must have been paying even less attention than I thought that day

Thanks for your help

Wayne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply