Company moving premises (general question)

• Hi all,

I will soon be consulting to a company that is moving about 6 hours drive away - and that's all I know for now!!  No idea if they are moving to the Cloud or remaining on-premise.

Very broadly, what kind of questions would you ask, or what considerations should I know about?

Thanks.

• JaybeeSQL - Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:37 AM

Hi all,

I will soon be consulting to a company that is moving about 6 hours drive away - and that's all I know for now!!  No idea if they are moving to the Cloud or remaining on-premise.

Very broadly, what kind of questions would you ask, or what considerations should I know about?

Thanks.

I would start with
    1. Source infrastructure
    2. Target infrastructure
    3. Tolerable / allowed down time
    4. Business level plan for the move
    😎

• I would also ask them what their expected completion date is for the migration.

• JaybeeSQL - Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:37 AM

Hi all,

Thanks.

Are they hiring you as a consultant to make the move for them?  What did they hire you to do?  And a 6 hour drive sounds a bit far for a commute. 😉  My first question would be "When will remote access be available and what are the steps to login remotely?"

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply