Comparision

• how can i create a stored proc or function which can be used just like a view and perform just like querying a table

• The best way to fix your problem is to rewrite your initial query without the view and to simplify it as much as possible.

The more complicated a query is, the more chances you'll have SQL server will generate a not so optimal plan, which can lead to horrible run time differences.

You can either rewrite the query and remove as many joins as possible or if you are mixing big and small tables, try to get a result of all the small tables into a temporary table and join it with the big table(s).

• I still wonder why is the view perofrming better on some db's which are actually bigger than the problem database.

• I have tried table valued function instead of view but still the same performance, i am not getting paralellism yet.

• I think the problem in the last part of the query is that it is using nested loop at the inner join, how do i avoid that? where as the db that is perofrming good is not using nested loop but it is using paralelism, thats how i interepreted.

• Make sure both databases have the same paramterization option (I assume that is FORCED)

Did you try to force parallelism like:

select a.empno,sdate,enddate,place

ecode1,ecode2,ecode3,ecode4,ecode5

into #dev2

from employee a inner join #empdts b

on a.empno=b.empno

inner join #dev c

on a.empno = c.empno

where a.sdate between b.efdt and b.exdt

OPTION (MAXDOP 0);

Francis

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply