Config Files

• I need to access another server to obtain data from a database table. I have the login and password details for the table and all works well when I run the SSIS package manually.

When running as a scheduled job it fails with a permissions error message.

Searching has produced articles that suggest using a config file to store the password details. Have created a config file in accordance with what articles I could find. However, the package still fails when I run it. I then go to check the the config file for a typo or similar and find that the file has vanished.

This scenario has now been played out 3 times.

Please help. Why does SSIS haveto be so difficult to use! 🙁

Thanks

Colin

• I think that I finally solved this issue last night. Here is what I did, for other lost souls who encounter the same problem.

The Config file should NOT be created in the deploymeny directory alongside the manifest file. I created it in the top level directory for that project.

next the config file needed edited in TWO places.

<ConfiguredValue>DataSource =IPAddress;UserID=SmithJ;Password=ABC123...</Configuration

Configuration ConfiguredType="Property" Path="\Package.Connections[IPAddress.Database.Login].Properties[Password]"ValueTupe ="String>

ConfiguredValue>Add Password Here</ConfiguredValue>

These things may appear obvious to "old hands" but it is surprising that full details are so rarely included in replies to requests for help. I kept coming up with comments like "edit the config file", which is great if you know where/how to edit it! 🙂

Anyway, hope that this is a help to others.

Colin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply