configure SQL Alert

• I would like to configure SQL Alert. Hope someone can help on this.

1. I have installed MS Outlook on the Server and configure using user name serverSQL.

2. Changed the SQLserveragent logon using domain account and restart the agent.

3. start the SQL mail in QA xp_startmail

( Error Message ) Server: Msg 18035, Level 16, State 1, Line 0 xp_startmail:

Your SQL Server Service is running under the local system account. You need to change your SQL Server Service account to run under a domain account in order to complete this operation

Did I miss any step?

• You changed the service account of the SQL Agent to a domain account but not the MSSQLService account. While notifications for operators are handled by SQL Agent Mail, xp_startmail, xp_sendmail etc. are executed through SQL Mail, which is initiated by the MSSQLService account. So in order to use SQLMail you have to change the MSSQLService account as well.

M

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• Hi MarkusB,

Thank for your reply. May I know where can I change MSSQLService account? Because I only can find MSSQLServer and MSSQLAgent in Services.

Thanks in advance.

• It's the MSSQL Server if you look in services.

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• MarkusB,

Yes, I can find it. and now I can start the mail session. However, I encounter another problem when I send the mail

From QA.

EXEC xp_sendmail 'louis_see@Yahoo.com', 'The master database is full.'

Error Message :

Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0

xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

• Hi,

I managed to get it right now. In order to configure the alert. The user account to start the Server server and SQL service agent services must be similar as the exchange mail logon account. Beside that, we have to use same user logon to the server to configure the SQL mail and exchange mail box for the first time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply