Connect String via Citrix?

• Hi all,

I'm trying to set up an ADODB connection to a SQL Server 2000 instantance in an Active X script in DTS. Below is my code. When I run this I get the error message

Login failed for user "myuser".

I'm connecting over a Citrix connection and have discovered that if I log on via VNC and set the Data Source to (local) then all is well. If I connect via Citrix then I cannot set (local) and if I set Data Source to the server name listed at the top of the group I cannot get the db to authenticate the user.

I realise that 'work directly on the box' is the answer but for dev purposes and because of our set up it's not practical.

(Excuse the code, it's cribbed as this is my first time being The DTS Guy).

Dan

****CODE****

'**********************************************************************

' Visual Basic ActiveX Script

'************************************************************************

Function Main()

dim myConn

dim myRecordset

dim iRowCount

' instantiate the ADO objects

set myConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

' set the connection properties to point to the Test3 database,

' using the Customers table

'This works via VNC but not via Citrix

'myConn.Open = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=(local); Initial Catalog=TEST_3;user id = 'myuser';password='myuser'"

'This fails on the user via Citrix

myConn.Open = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=PATHD001; Database=TEST_3;UID='myuser';PWD='myuser'"

MsgBox "Here!"

Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Success

End Function

• Hi

I take it that the box that you VNC onto and your Citrix Server are Different?

If so, then it means that the Citrix Server is probably seeing a different PATHD001 box.

When you VNC on, try doing an IPConfig to get the IP Address of the (local) box and then PING the PATHD001 box from the Citrix Logon. If the IP Addresses are the same, try to do a Telnet PATHD001 1433 from the Citrix Session to test if there is a Firewall in the way.

You might also want to try the PATHD001 Data source when Using VNC onto the server.

Regards

Paulus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply