connect to Sftp using putty ssis

• Slight correction. We are using SmartFTP, not CoreFTP. Obiously my memory was shaky on this, and it took quite a bit of time before I could connect to our development server (a developer had the all 8 cores on the server pegged at 100% doing some queries).

• Can anybody tell me the correct syntax for mput to put in a directory beneath the root? I can get it to work with put one file at a time, but I can't get it to use mput to put all the files in a remote directory beneath the main directory.

• I figured out my own answer! (for once--ha!) I added a cd line in my bat file to change to the directory I wanted first. Then the mput worked fine.

• With mput, I think you would have to cd down a level first.

• Hello Wayne

I used your post to get psftp working from within a process task in SSIS. The next day it would not work. I removed the task and rebuilt it and then it worked. I am able to run the batch file from the command line without issue. Is there something I am missing.

• Hey, Paul. I had to re-read the thread to refresh my memory!

Did you follow the steps I mentioned on my second post on the second page with the y.dat file? It seems to me that what you're describing sounds like your local context having the remote host's SFTP fingerprint and the system service not having it.

Good luck! Unfortunately I have zero experience doing SSIS, I'm almost exclusively SS2000, so it's difficult for me to be more specific.

I just hope Microsoft gets their thumbs out of the *** and incorporates SFTP in addition to FTP into SSIS! 😛

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• Seeing that many people are trying struggling to implement SSIS SFTP transfer task, I have prepared a guide to use WinSCP for SFTP transfers in SSIS.

• Hi, I have a very similar set up to send files using SFTP. In the SQL Server Agent job I use operating system command as the job type and copied the batch commands directly into the command window. The job is also using my SQL Proxy account to execute the job step. When I run the job from SQL Server Management Studio it runs file. However, the job always hangs when I try to schedule the job. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

The batch command I use is:

d:\AHA_SSIS\putty\psftp.exe sftp.pbd.com -l [loginname] -pw [password] -batch -b d:\AHA_SSIS\pbd.txt

I would appreciate any help I can get.

thanks,

Felix

• Hi,

I want to download files from PSFTP to my local directory. this work has to be done in stored procedure sql server 2005.

i tried creating a batch file (login.bat) which contains

"psftp.exe and login info \b download.bat"

where download.bat contains command to download files from PSFTP

The batch file works fine if i run manually.

but if i run in the management studio its showing that its executing

but the batch file is not executed, in few mintues management studio get hanged.

if you just send me procedure or process to do the above task it will be helpful for me.

Thanks & Regards,

P.Prakash

• That's kind of a complicated situation. The server, running as the server user, has to be able to write to a directory on your PC, so that folder has to be shared with permissions for the server to write for it. The folder name would be accessed something like this: \\mypcname\C$\FTPDownload\filename.txt with FTPDownload (or whatever) being the directory name. You might have to have admin permissions on your PC to share that folder, not everyone has those permissions.

When you're remoted to a server, you're running as a different set of user permissions, it's not the same as the server running a process itself as a scheduled job. I'm pretty sure that's been discussed previously in this thread.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• Hi Wayne West,

Thanks for your reply.

one thing i want to tell you that if i create a file to that remote location using bcp its creating so i think sql server has rights to create file in that particular location. even then the batch file is not executing from management studio. waiting for your reply

Thank & Regards,

P.Prakash

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply