Connecting to Server

• Dear all,

I have observed that in our 2 node cluster having 3 instances i can connect to instances 1 & 2 in node 1 using servername\instance name and instance 3 which is in node 2 by only giving servername,port. The same is the case when i connect from node 2 i can connect to instance 3 with servername\instance name but not to instance 1 & 2 , for connecting those i need to give servername,port.

Can anyone throw some light on why this happens and how can i connect to all instances from all node with servername\instancename.

• You have to allow all instances connect remotely. Go to all instance property and make sure all remote connection is checked then go to each server (Node) control panel and open Window firewall, Advance Settings, Inbound Rule, Go to Action and Click New Rule (Inbound Rules Only).

• helper_10 (3/20/2016)

You have to allow all instances connect remotely. Go to all instance property and make sure all remote connection is checked then go to each server (Node) control panel and open Window firewall, Advance Settings, Inbound Rule, Go to Action and Click New Rule (Inbound Rules Only).

Thanks Helper.

Inbound rule i gave the port but still the same.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIovZluNmNs

==Follow him====

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply