Connecting to SQLSERVER 2008

• Hi All,

Can any one please advice me what shall be done?

I have afront end Applicatoin which is developed on .net frame work, and Backend DB as SQL SERVER 2008,

Now when trying to connect to DB through Front end giving the following error:

2010-09-08 11:49:14,276 [1] WARN XXXXXXXXX(Server name hided due to security) connection failed for

server XXXXXXX\SQLEXPRESS and connection string format: Data

Source={0};Initial Catalog=master;Integrated Security=True;Connect

Timeout=2;Application Name=XXXXXXXX(Application Name).

This may be expected depending on the environment. Target database was: DBNAME.

Error was: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server.

The server was not found or was not accessible.

Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections.

(provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified).

Please suggest me, i have seen lots of posts but nothing has satisfied me much and, some times this connecting string error was vanishing after restarting my DB,

Please advice i need permanent fix for this.

Thanks and Regards

Remo...

@JayMunnangi

• server XXXXXXX\SQLEXPRESS and connection string format: Data

Source={0};Initial Catalog=master;Integrated Security=True;Connect

Timeout=2;Application Name=XXXXXXXX(Application Name).

I think you need to start with your connection string it is saying your application is connecting to the master database that is not correct. You also need to go into configuration manager and make sure all services and network configurations are set.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• By default in SQL Server 2008, both external connections and named pipes are not allowed.

To allow remote connections, open Sql Server Management Studio on the server in question. Right click the instance in question, go to Properties -> Connections -> Check "Allow remote connections to this server".

To allow connections via tcp\ip and\or named pipes, you have to go into SQL Server Configuration Manager and make the appropriate changes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply