"Connection being used by another Task"

• Can anyone help with this one?

I have a Package that reads 20 spreadsheets(all the same format) into one Table via 1 Connection. They start simutaneously-as I cannot see a way to make them sequential, and  still insert into one table.

Problem is, I randomly get the message, "Connection being used by another Task" for a random few of the read in Tasks- these spreadsheets are not read in, but the Package finishes anyway. I assume this means there is a collision by the tasks accessing the connection.

The solution would be to make the sheets read in sequentially, however this is not possible, and still have them read to the same table, and then to execute 3 other tasks that can be only done once all sheets have been read in.  The logic of the Workflow arrow prohibits this.

Any ideas how to solve this one?

Thanks, dw

• If you have 1 connection for each spreadsheet (20)

1 connection for your server

20 transform data tasks (all filling the same table)

Right click on the Transform Data Task and select Workflow properties. You can then select the task you want to run prior and set the precedence you want. They will then run in order based on your assigned workflow.

• Joel's advice should work. If you have separate connections, you can connect them with an "On completion" workflow as well if you want to sequence them

• Thanks for the answers guys!

I have only 1 Connection for all 20 sheets, assuming if there were 20 connections, the single Table would not be written to correctly.... Am I wrong??

Thanks Again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply