Connection to DB2 using SQL 2005 64-bit (SSIS)

• Hi,

Need help in pulling data from DB2 using SQL 2005 64-bit (in 64-bit Server), we were able to successfully install IBM ODBC Driver, link DB2 server in add linked server, and retrieve/query data using SQL Management Studio. But when we tried to pull data in SSIS (BIDS), using [OLE DB Source] data flow task (having Native OLE DB\IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries IBMDA400 OLE DB Provider), and simple command query (select * from [DB2 library name].

), we get this error:

[OLE DB Source [1]] Warning: Cannot retrieve the column code page info from the OLE DB provider. If the component supports the "DefaultCodePage" property, the code page from that property will be used. Change the value of the property if the current string code page values are incorrect. If the component does not support the property, the code page from the component's locale ID will be used.

Many thanks for anyone who would help. 🙂

Regards,

Eduardo

• In my experience with DB2, I found it easier to create a view with the same query that is running in the management studio. This will allow SSIS to get everything it needs from the view instead of having to look at DB2. Also, if you need to make changes in the future, it is easier to change the view and leave the SSIS package alone.

• Thanks for the help, I actually used the same method through execute SQL task (openquery) instead of using Data Flow Task. Data flow task isn't working if directly querying from DB2, since I wasn't able to define provider string in the add linked server, unlike with SQL2000, you place provider string straightforward, that way you could directly query without using openquery. Anyway, thanks for the help! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply