convert

• I have date column in integers in almost all the tables. I want to convert integer to date from all the tables in a database and filter them for the year 1995. I need a count of rows from all the tables in a database for the year 1995.

How can i get this result in a single script.

• hi, are the dates stored in the integer field, ie. which is month day and year ? i.e is christmas day 1995 19961225 or something else ?

Paul

•  

date is stored in integer like  73459 when i do a convert I get this date 02/13/2002

I want this to be done for total column and show the result where year =1995.

something like select * from emp for the  year 1995

• How do you convert 73459 to 02/13/2002

declare @i int

SET @i = 73459

SELECT CONVERT(datetime, @i)

When I run this, I get 02/15/2101

• look up datepart in Books OnLine ... and use that in your where clause, something like the following :-

select convert(datetime, integer_column)

from table

where datepart(yyyy, (datetime, integer_column)) = 1995

• am using a function

return

(convert(char(10),cast(@IntVal - 36161 as datetime),101))

• select

convert(char(10),cast(@IntVal - 36161 as datetime),101)

from your_table

where

datepart(yyyy,convert(char(10),cast(@IntVal - 36161 as datetime),101))=1995

just replace @intval with your column name and it should work

• thanks ripg.. tht works fine but how can i do that for the entire database, most of the tables have the same column.

Actually I want to count the no.of rows returned for the year 1995 from the database and measure the size of those rows.

• I am able to count no of rows for each table for the year 1995 but how can I add all the count in the database ie: for all the talbes

•  

select count(convert(char(10),cast(date - 36161 as datetime),101))

from

emp

where

datepart(yyyy,convert(char(10),cast(date - 36161 as datetime),101))=1995

I am using the above query to count no of rows, how can i do the same for tha entire database.

I need count of rows in all the tables in DB for the year 1995( year can be found from a date column , most of the tables has  table column in DB)

• Either write a cursor to loop through each of your tables, or see if sp_msforeachtable will work in your situation.

• exec

sp_MSforeachtable 'select count(*) as no_of_rows, ''?'' as table_name from ?

where datepart(yyyy,convert(char(10),cast(date - 36161 as datetime),101))=1995'

This query is working fine but it returns no of rows for each table, how can i get total no of rows from all the tables.

that is I want a total of 'no_of_rows'

• Insert the values into a table, and sum them up then, or modify a copy of that stored proc to roll them into a variable, create your own cursor to do the same, etc. Why do I get the feeling I'm missing something here?

• I am trying to insert into temp table and sum the total but no luck..any help on that.

• OK Now I got the total no of rows in a database.

Now is there a way to find the space used by my total count.

I got a count of 162345 rows(selected rows from the DB). what is the space used by these rows?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply