Convert Function?

• Jeff,

No problem! It is people like you that have inspired me out of my "lurker" shell on this forum to get active and start replying to postings on how I would go about solving problems. I appreciate you taking the time to write up the posting guidelines for all to use.

It is easier to critique another person's work than it is to make your own.

Happy T-SQLing!

"Key"
    MCITP: DBA, MCSE, MCTS: SQL 2005, OCP

• Molly Cary (1/3/2008)

Yes thanks....I wasn't aware of this travesty that I was doing. 😉 I have reposted (hopefully correctly).... 😀

Not really a travesty, Molly... it just that some folks don't realize how much better help they can get, even on simple problems, if respondents don't need to take the time to setup a test bed for posted problems.

You say you reposted the data... didn't see a new post... did you edit the original or ???

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• I re-posted "Create View Help" I did get one response, but I haven't tried it yet....other burning issues today

• If you use T-SQL AVG, NULL values are ignored. If you force NULL values to 0 using ISNULL, your average will change because of the 0 data points.

Not to say which is correct, just wanted to point it out.

For example, the average of 1, 5, 9, null, null is 5. But the average of 1, 5, 9, 0, 0 is 3.

Joe

• Jeff Moden (1/3/2008)

Molly Cary (1/3/2008)

Yes thanks....I wasn't aware of this travesty that I was doing. 😉 I have reposted (hopefully correctly).... 😀

Not really a travesty, Molly... it just that some folks don't realize how much better help they can get, even on simple problems, if respondents don't need to take the time to setup a test bed for posted problems.

You say you reposted the data... didn't see a new post... did you edit the original or ???

Hey Jeff! Never fear, It seems that Molly works down the hall, I'll whip her into shape. 😀

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
  • Heh... small world we live in, huh?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply