CONVERT function

• kiran.konankal (3/3/2011)

I have only sql 2008 installed in my desk. i tried executing the select's by changing the compatibility mode to 90 and 100 manually.

Changing the compatibility level only changes how some T-SQL is parsed and handled, it does not make the current version of SQL Server act exactly like the version you set the compatibility level to.

So the only way to get the correct answer is to actually run the query on SQL Server 2005.

• This is a nice question, but I do not agree about loosing one point when I got 3 good answers on 4 and also when you have to know 2 type of servers when I find already hard to know only one

Well... I gues I just had to not take a chance and do not answer it, but for the futur, if at least we don't loose a point if we got more than half the good answer, that would be more fair, don't you think?

Anyway, thanks for the nice question and all those nice conversations about it!

😎

• tilew-948340 Posted Today @ 8:51 PM

I gues I just had to not take a chance and do not answer it, but for the futur, if at least we don't loose a point if we got more than half the good answer, that would be more fair, don't you think?

Sorry can not agree with you. You either get all the correct answers or you do not. No points for less than all correct, miss one miss getting any points.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• bitbucket-25253 (3/14/2011)

tilew-948340 Posted Today @ 8:51 PM

I gues I just had to not take a chance and do not answer it, but for the futur, if at least we don't loose a point if we got more than half the good answer, that would be more fair, don't you think?

Sorry can not agree with you. You either get all the correct answers or you do not. No points for less than all correct, miss one miss getting any points.

eeee... I was not asking points for this question, but to make a new rule in the forum...

and don't you just kind of agree with me here? I mean "No points for less than all correct" but not LOOSING points " if we got more than half the good answers"?

But it does not realy matter anyway because the reason for the "question of the day" is not the points but the fun of learning... I learned something, so I got my reward:-)

Thanks for the question bitbucket!

• tilew-948340

But it does not realy matter anyway because the reason for the "question of the day" is not the points but the fun of learning... I learned something, so I got my reward

As we all do ... let me challenge you .. submit a good QOD, you will be surprised at what you learn, particularly if you have had your "correct answer" challenged and do not want to go through those comments complaining about how correct is correct. The amount of learning to prevent those who answer from being upset is at times a very time consuming task, but you, and I have done, we do learn even more and yes it can be fun.

Ron

• bitbucket-25253 (3/15/2011)

As we all do ... let me challenge you .. submit a good QOD, you will be surprised at what you learn, quote]

Submit a QOD, even a bad one, is a too big chalenge for me!!!! :w00t:

Maybe one day...

😉

• tilew-948340 (3/15/2011)

bitbucket-25253 (3/15/2011)

As we all do ... let me challenge you .. submit a good QOD, you will be surprised at what you learn, quote]

Submit a QOD, even a bad one, is a too big chalenge for me!!!! :w00t:

Maybe one day...

😉

Do not under estimate your abilities. Pick a subject that you want to lean more about. Read the references, other postings on the subject, etc. Then reflect on one or two features that were new to you, and ones that you think others may not know about. That forms the basis for your QOD .. Give it a try .. remember nothing ventured is nothing gained ...

Ron

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply