Converting SQL 2000 to MAXDB by mySQL

• We are currently an SAP shop running clustered windows 2003 with a 500 GB SQL database supporting 98 users processing over 900 EDI orders a day with interfaces using Biztalk 2002 for EDI orders into SAP and EDI invoices and asn's out of SAP.

we are being challenged to evaluate a conversion to an environment that entails a Unix OS and MaxDB from mySql for a database.

As we resist this move, what issues and differences can I expect between the two database technologies?  Are there any research sites that might compare the two let alone the Windows vs Unix conversion?

Any help, advise, websites to visit will be appreciated

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I have not seen a good review yet that wasn't biased based on featureset statements and never one that used any tools to compare performance.

The only thing I do suggest is you verify with MySQL what type of license you must have for your project. Many folks have made the mistake of trying to use the free when they have to use the commercial. MySQL's folks are the best to ensure you make the right decision. Even then expect it in writing just in case they tell you wrong.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply