Copy a file from a server on the internal network to the internal network server outside - DMZ

• Hello Guys,

I have an activity that was created using SSIS 2008 R2, which consists of copying a file from a server within the network to a server that is outside the network DMZ.

The design is as follows I have SSIS server, the server on the internal network and server B in the DMZ. There is a SSIS package that is in the SSIS server creates the file in the server and copy that server to server B (DMZ).

When he is in design mode (C server) it works correctly, but when I install the SSIS server and set a job to run the package generates the following error:

The file name "\ \ server B \ \ TransferenciaArquivoSSIS \ Export_File_Destino.txt" specified in the connection was not valid.

Could anyone help in this case, what is happening can?

Thanks for listening,

Antonio

• antonio.estima 4150 (6/25/2014)

Hello Guys,

I have an activity that was created using SSIS 2008 R2, which consists of copying a file from a server within the network to a server that is outside the network DMZ.

The design is as follows I have SSIS server, the server on the internal network and server B in the DMZ. There is a SSIS package that is in the SSIS server creates the file in the server and copy that server to server B (DMZ).

When he is in design mode (C server) it works correctly, but when I install the SSIS server and set a job to run the package generates the following error:

The file name "\ \ server B \ \ TransferenciaArquivoSSIS \ Export_File_Destino.txt" specified in the connection was not valid.

Could anyone help in this case, what is happening can?

Thanks for listening,

Antonio

It does look invalid. Usually the format would be

\\servername\share (note: only one backslash before the share name, not two and no spaces anywhere)

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Please disregard the blanks. In the package does not exist at the time was to copy and paste.

Regards,

Antonio

• It could be the job on the server is running under the security instance of the SQL Agent and that it may not have access to the target server. If that is the case, I think the best approach is to set up a service account proxy and execute the package in the SQL Agent job under the security context of the proxy.

• I understood what you said, but look, the target server is outside the network. The same is in the DMZ outside the domain to access it is through local user. In this case, as you would for the feature of SQL Agent Proxy or anoter have access to this server without being a domain user but using the local user registered on the target server?

Thanks

• Sorry I made a mistake when typing, but the correct is "\\server B\ TransferenciaArquivoSSIS\Export_File_Destino.txt"

• Anyone else have any ideas that might help us?

Thanks

• antonio.estima 4150 (6/25/2014)

I understood what you said, but look, the target server is outside the network. The same is in the DMZ outside the domain to access it is through local user. In this case, as you would for the feature of SQL Agent Proxy or anoter have access to this server without being a domain user but using the local user registered on the target server?

Thanks

Are you saying that you cannot even use Windows Explorer to copy the file? If so, take SSIS out of the picture for a moment and work out what technology you want to use for the copy (sFTP perhaps?). I suggest that first you make that work and then come back to SSIS and make it work from there too.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• No, I can copy via windows explorer file from server A to server B in the DMZ. But when I run the SSIS package via SQL Agent, when validating it generates the error mentioned above. About FTP, how do I run the SSIS FTP tool with cmd.exe?

• antonio.estima 4150 (6/26/2014)

No, I can copy via windows explorer file from server A to server B in the DMZ. But when I run the SSIS package via SQL Agent, when validating it generates the error mentioned above. About FTP, how do I run the SSIS FTP tool with cmd.exe?

Then Daniel's original solution sounds very likely - did you try it?

And why would you want to run the SSIS FTP component from cmd.exe?

• I tried to run the Dainel's solution, but I could not. What kind of user I associate credential for domain user or local user? What subsystem associate credential only Integration Services or have any more?

About FTP, since as the destination server is not running in the internal domain and running FTP with cmd.exe I thought that would solve the windows, because the local user would be passing the target server to connect it.

• I tried to run the Dainel's solution, but I could not. What kind of user I associate credential for domain user or local user? What subsystem associate credential only Integration Services or have any more?

About FTP, since as the destination server is not running in the internal domain and running FTP with cmd.exe I thought that would solve the windows, because the local user would be passing the target server to connect it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply