Copy changed data without Replication

• Please help me with this issue.

I created an offshelf program. And my customers require to copy data changed over different branches of their companies which are located at remote sites.

They just want to create a file with the changes made and then copy this file to the main headquarters where they simply feed the main database with the transacations made at the remote branch.

I need to avoid using replication as it is too complicated for this situation.

Any suggestions of what to do ?

Please help

Thanks

Sameh

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Thanks Site Owner

Actually, The thing that I find strange is that the server can distinguish which transactions where made and when as it is the case with the defferentional backup! But I could not find a way to take these changes on a seperate file where I could append such information into another instance of the database file.

So I was thinking of something more like differentional backup but while appending the changes not replacing the recent transactions.

For instance , say I created an instance of the DB into another machine (site #2) using copy and paste of the DB and then attach if to another remote machine on the 1st of Jan.

Both users were updating the database. Later I need to make a diffrenetional backup at the site 2 and append such changes into the main branch (site 1)

Any help???

Thanks in advance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply