Copy contents of package to another

• Hi-

I've made the mistake of breaking my import process into different packages, then run from one Master package.

Now, I want to consolidate them for editing ease but the GUI won't let me copy multiple steps

Example:

I have a simple Text file to SQL Server Transform task.  The Transformation mapping is quite tedius and do not want to "Redo" it in order to copy it into another package.  There is the FILE source, the DATABASE srouce, and a TRANSFORMATION task - all 3 as one unit need to be copied.

How can I do this ???

- B

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• You can use VB to read the small packages and create new tasks in the consolidated package but this may be more work than re-creating the transformations from scratch.

• B:

You SHOULD be able to open a new package & copy JUST the individual Tasks/Connections one by one.  (There is NO right-click Paste though, got to use Edit/Paste from the Menubar.)

You can then re-create any workflows as necessary.  Is the Transformation a Data Pump task or true Transformation Task?

RobbieD

Sunny Times....

• Well I'm not sure...

Here's what I have:

2 Connections:

1) A Text File which is the source

2) An OLEDB for SQL Server which is the destination.

Then, I have a "Transform Data Task" which maps the text file columns to the appropriate database columns.  If I click on the properties for the "Transform", I get a multi-tabbed window with tabs such as Source, Destination, Transformations, Lookup, and Options.

Seems like I need to copy all 3 items as one unit to a new package (Source, Dest, and Transformation).  The Transformation task is picky and always wants to "reset table mappings" when I don't want it to.

Any help is appreciated.  I feel I'll eventually have to do it all by hand but throwing out a life-line anyway.

-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply