Copy multiple tables from one database to another on the same server

• Gerry here - have not posted before..

Trying to cet tabels and all data within copies to a new database to get rid of some problematic tables suspect for corruption.

when we select and scrip to query editor, it does not appear thaqt the contents of the tables are going to be copied.

Thanks,

Gerry

• You have left the reader to face unnecessary challenge number one: "What's the question?" It would appear to be: "How do I get the data to transfer too?" But as you're a newb here, I won't draw attention to it this time 🙂

As you've posted in the SSIS forum, I am assuming that you are using the 'Transfer SQL Server Objects' task? If so, setting the 'Copy Data' option to True would seem to get you what you want, or am I missing something?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• If you just want to straightforward copy of the tables try the Import Export wizard from management studio. Right click the source database, select Tasks, then Export data and follow on from there. If you save the package on your file system, you can then open and edit it in BIDS or Visual Studio, so it's a good way of generating a skeleton dataflow package for adding other processing later.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply