Copy - Paste data from SQL Server to Excel

• Hi,

I am trying to copy data from SQL Server to Excel.

Until now i have succeded, but in some data 10 records are now pasted into Excel, i think, but not shoore that this data must have some special character that excel ignor.

How can i resolve this, so that Excel accepts the data when i do Paste?

• you can right click on the results grid and save as .CSV, then open it up in Excel, see if that works.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bite-sized fiction (with added teeth) [/url]

• It seems to work, but still have a problem.

The data is not on a single column as it should, so its difficult for me to copy and paste it on other Excel sheet

• Hmmmm. Tab characters maybe? Does paste special/Text help at all?

• What is that?

"paste special/Text"

• No paste especial didn't help...

• Sorry, I can't think of anything else to suggest without being able to see what you're seeing.

• Why dont you write hte query directly in excel and then get results directly from excel itself.

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• hte query?? what is that??

I am not very good working with excel...

• open excel, then data, external data, from other sources...choose sql server

and you can select your table or write your query there..

it will put results directly into excel file.

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• It seems to work but when i pass the Excel to other computer it still shows the connection to SQL Server.

I wanto to extract data , but then want to close the connection and that Excel do not connect to this data source no more....

Is it possible?

• river1 (3/1/2011)

It seems to work but when i pass the Excel to other computer it still shows the connection to SQL Server.

I wanto to extract data , but then want to close the connection and that Excel do not connect to this data source no more....

Is it possible?

If you close the excel file , once you got the data, then it cant connect to sql server without you putting the password( windows authnetication/sql server authentiaction) again and trying to reconnect...

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Yes, but there that is not the problem...

The problem is:

I have to create a report through excel to send to the CEO of the company.

He wants the report in Excel, but i can not send it to him with the connection object....

It needs to be a normal list of excel.

So, what i want to do is create the excel, connect to SQL Server, extract the data and then finnish the connection and the connection will no longer be needed.

• river1 (3/1/2011)

Yes, but there that is not the problem...

The problem is:

I have to create a report through excel to send to the CEO of the company.

He wants the report in Excel, but i can not send it to him with the connection object....

It needs to be a normal list of excel.

So, what i want to do is create the excel, connect to SQL Server, extract the data and then finnish the connection and the connection will no longer be needed.

I dont get you..whats the problem, just create the report out of excel, save the file and send the excel file to him...??

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• hum...

Or i don't undestand you or you don't understand me 🙂

I will explain again

I have a excel file which , with your help i connected to SQL Server 2005.

I have extracted the data to Sheet1.

Now i want to save this excel file and don't want that the excel file that i have saved tryes to connect to SQL Server the next time i open it...

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply