copying backups from tape to tape

• I need to copy *some* of the backup files from one LTO tape to another. My current idea is to make a script to read everything off the tape into a list, then restore each one and back it up to disk. Then delete the ones I don't want out of that directory and reverse the process to the other LTO tape. Is there an easier way to do this or such a script/utility already out there? Searching for "copy backup" or "transfer backup" hasn't been very productive.

Bryan

• Hi,

I don't know the answer but i am very interested in that topic.

Also i would like to know how can i restore backup file from tape to disk, just to get the .bak file which was made on tape by sql server backup.

acko

• Use Enterprise Manager to restore from tape to database. Backup from Database to disk. That solution would work for me, but I have a lot of backups and a lot of tapes, so doing this manually is going to be a pain. I've decided to write an application in C# (unless someone suggests something already out there), but it's going to be specific to my needs and not very useful for anyone else.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply