Copying SPROCs from one node to another

• We have set up a PC so that it can copy tables (using DTS) from my node in the SQL Server Group.  But for some reason it fails when the stored procedures are copied.  Do I need to adjust the privileges that I have set up for her on my node? 

• Mark,

Could you describe the DTS a little more?  Is the Import/Export Wizard used or has a DTS package been created?  Is the Copy SQL Server Objects task being used? 

When you say "node" are you talking about SQL Server instances on different computer?

Greg

Greg

• Is the Import/Export Wizard used or has a DTS package been created?

......  Import / Export Wizard

Is the Copy SQL Server Objects task being used? 

...... Yes

When you say "node" are you talking about SQL Server instances on different computer?

...... Yes

• What happens when the import fails?  Any error messages?

Greg

Greg

• I just tried to recreate the error message and have noticed that it is having a problem copying a table with a table name that begins with a number.  Why is that?

• I don't know.  What specific error did you get for that?

Greg

Greg

•  

I have now got a new error message that is the cause of SPROCS not transferring:

'The login already has an account under a different user name.'

It maybe because I tried to transfer the code through my machine and she has just moved off administrator right on her machine.

• I think I can help with this one.  When you use the Import/Export wizard and choose to copy objects between SQL Server databases, you can set options for copying (uncheck "Use default options" & click on "Options" button).  I generally uncheck all the security options if the destination database already has users.  I think your latest error was caused by trying copy users and/or logins that already exist in the destination instance.

Greg

Greg

• Now I get an error message saying that 'the login already has an account under a different user name'.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply