CPU USAGE IS 100%

• Hi All,

I am using sql server 2008 r2 and windows server 2008r2.

Management studio is taking time to open and it is not responding properly so i have checked in task manager and found that cpu usage is 100% and memory usage is 50Gb. total we have 62GB Ram.

so i have restricted the max memory usage to 50% and checked using sp_who2 active there is no active transactions and process but still cpu usage is showing 100% and management studio is not opening properly.

Please help me on this and let me know any details are required.

• Find out which process is taking more CPU utilization. Memory looks ok.

---------------------------------------------------
    "Thare are only 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

• Just because SSMS takes long to open doesn't mean SQL is the cause.

Your CPU utilization could be caused by any other process on your server, and you'll need to use Resource Monitor or task manager to figure that out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• We have very less process are running. not only the sql server even we are unable to navigate the windows also.

we have restricted the max server memory to 60%. still same problem.

• open your Windows Resource Monitor to view which process is resource intensive:

From the Run box (windows key+R), enter

C:\Windows\System32\resmon.exe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply