Create SP on linked servers

• I'm using a central master SQL server to maintain other sql servers.

Is it possible to create a stored procedure that, if executed, create a stored procedure on a remote server?

This question is because I want to collect information gathered with "@@version" wich is not remotely executable i think.

• How about select * from openquery(TSTSQL01, 'select @@version'), TSTSQL01 is your linked server.

• I think this is not a best pratice to do this.

Try to concentrate all procedures in one server and create linked servers for call this procedures and retrieve youe results to you multi-server.

Hildevan O Bezerra

Hildevan O Bezerra

• The use of 'openquery' is a way that works for what I won't to do. It's hard to change the scripts that way but it seems to work.

The solution that Hildevan offers is not verry clear for me. What I need is one central point to maintain/interrogate all our SQL servers. Meaning is that all scripts, procedures, etc are stored on the central maint server. Also the results had to come there.

• OK. Let´s me explain what I do here.

Create procedure in master server.

Create linked server for each server of my sql farm.

Execute an procedure fromn master server passing parameters for output.

In you case , for use @@version, you can use a dynamic sql statment to obtain a result set.

If you cannot understand, please, let´s explain for me what your procedure do for I help you better.

Tks

Hildevan O Bezerra

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply