Created SSIS package w/Wizard

• SQL Server 2005:Build 4035

I created a SSIS package using the import data wizard and saved the package source as 'File system'

Overview:

When createing this package I used a file that has 10k records in it (the data source goes to a windows directory and picks up the import csv from there), and it worked very well, complete success. After I was able to get the import working as I wanted it, I created a SQL Agent job that is suppose to run this job... and it runs without errors, but when I change the file with 10k records in it, with a file that has 8 records in it - it still is importing 10k records.

I have moved the 10k records completely out of the directory and replaced it with the test 8 records. Truncated the table before running the job (so there are no records in the table before the job is initiated).

But when executing the package through the SQL Agent it is still importing the 10k records.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

• Have you actually built the package? Did you move the package on to an Integration Server? If so, check that box and a directory for the same location. I bet that package still have the same file location, and will have until you build another package and over write it.

Andrew SQLDBA

• Stupid computers doing exactly what I told them to do, and not what I was needing them to do. :crazy:

Always double check directories...

Sorry for the post, I know I looked at that directory 10 times making sure it was correct.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply