Creating an Oracle publisher

• I am trying to setup replication from an Oracle 9i server to SQL2008. I have done all the prerequisites and the permissions on the oracle server, but when the connection is made, and the publishing scripts are run against the Oracle server, I get the error below. Any help would be appreciated.

TITLE: Distributor Properties

------------------------------

An error occurred applying the changes to the Distributor.

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.1600.22&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.DistributorPropertiesErrorSR&EvtID=ErrorApplyingDistributor&LinkId=20476

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

SQL Server could not enable 'oraserver' as a Publisher. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Failed to execute the HREPL.INITPUBLISHER request to Oracle Publisher 'ORASERVER'. Verify that the Oracle package code exists on the Publisher, and that the replication administrative user account has sufficient permissions.

Changed database context to 'master'.

OLE DB provider "OraOLEDB.ORACLE" for linked server "ORASERVER" returned message "ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PLS-00201: identifier 'HREPL.INITPUBLISHER' must be declared

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored".

Error: 7215, Sev: 17, State: 1, Msg: Could not execute statement on remote server 'ORASERVER'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 21651)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.00.1600&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=21651&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

• Problem solved: Make sure that the pieces of the client you are installing are all from the exact same version. 🙂 Oracle is not so clear about it on their websites.

5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

• Excellent. Posted a problem and the solution.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply