creating bilingual reports

• Hi all,

We're just starting with SSRS in my office and we have a requirement to have all our reports in two languages. How easy is it to do this? We need to have everything on the page in either language A or language B. I've tried to change the language tag in one of my test reports to be language B, but it doesn't work, so I figure there must be some other trick to this. Note that we do not want to use the user's environment variable, it must be a user-selectable feature (by selecting language A or B).

Can anyone please help point me in the right direction on how to create a report in a language other than English?

Thanks!

• I don't know of a simple way to change the language of a report, but here is an option, albeit not necessarily the best or possibly the easiest. You can duplicate the objects on your report and show or hide them based on the language parameter. Like I said not necessarily the best as it would be a hack and a pain to maintain, but possible to do.

Or and this may work better. Create a master report that has the parameters and put a subreport on it as the only control and call the correct language report based on the language report. This means having separate reports for each language, but this may be easier to maintain than hiding/showing objects or having to put IIF statements on each object to change the text.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Check this URL : . I've not yet tried but as I can understand, this answer will be very helpfull for you.

Christophe

Christophe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply