Cross domain login

• All,

I have tried to create a SQL server 2000 login for a Global User Group belonging to an other domain. At creation I uses browse to select the correct domain and group name. When i set permissions etc. and click Ok I get an errormessage saying:

ERROR 15401: Windows NT user or group 'Domain\groupname' not found. Check the name again.

Because I have selected the group name from the browse window i'm sure that he's entered correctly.

I have tried to browse the domain with the sql server service account and I can see the user group and belonging groups. So it seems not to be a permissions issue!

how can i Give users from another AD rights on this server. Both domains 'server home' and 'user group - domain' belong to the same forrest.

• Do you have a case-sensitive collation? We use a binary collation and I have had problems like this when the domain/username selected from a browse window is imported with a different case from that stored in AD - I am not sure if the display code in the browse window might not change the case for display purposes? Any way, if this might be a cause, then try typing the details in manually and try different case combinations.

Tony

• Tony,

Thanx for the reply, meanwhile i found that the problem was caused by renaming the specified Global UserGroup. A newly created Group with the same specifications did the job.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply