Crystal Report Tool

• Hi,

I have installed Crystol report tool on my laptop.

I need to install SQL Server 2012.

Can you please suggest best solution for this.

Which edition is best suited.

Do I need licensed SQL Server or can I go with evaluation edition.

and any other suggestions.

Thank you.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• Evaluation edition will expire after a few months.

For a relatively low price, you can buy SQL Server developer edition, which has all the enterprise features.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Do we have any compatibility issues between SQL Server 2012 and crystel reports tool.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• Raghavender (10/8/2014)

Do we have any compatibility issues between SQL Server 2012 and crystel reports tool.

No idea, never used the tool 😀

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Raghavender (10/8/2014)

Do we have any compatibility issues between SQL Server 2012 and crystel reports tool.

Which version of Crystal Reports do you have?

• What are you trying to do? It's possible that neither one of these are the correct tool. No offense, but you sound like a beginner with no budget. If so check out MySQL. If you're a beginner with a little budget go with MS Access or some other database system that has a database engine and report writer wrapped up together. If you're set on using SQL Server, SSRS may handle all your reporting needs so you may not need Crystal. If we had a little more information we could be more helpful. Good luck.

• For Crystal report , you need a license

For SQL server , if you just need management tools then no license is required where you can connect to any of the your servers but if you need a database engine with full features then you need a license but you can get SQL server express edition for free with limitations on size and other .

[font="Tahoma"]
    --SQLFRNDZ[/url]
    [/font]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply