CSV file format display change problem

• I am trying to export data from an oledb source to a destination file which is a csv file ,but i am facing the following issue.

input to CSV destination file: 01012010

but the CSV file has the value: 1012010 (first "0" digit is not getting displayed in the CSV file)

Could you please let us know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

• marees.inspire (10/14/2010)

I am trying to export data from an oledb source to a destination file which is a csv file ,but i am facing the following issue.

input to CSV destination file: 01012010

but the CSV file has the value: 1012010 (first "0" digit is not getting displayed in the CSV file)

Could you please let us know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Edit the connection manager for the CSV file. Go to the advanced view for the columns and set that column to a string data type.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I have tried that option...but still the same issue 🙂

• How are you looking at the CSV file? With Notepad? Or Excel? Use Notepad.

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• HI ,

When i am opening through notepad, i am getting the leading zeros.

but when i am trying to open through excel or CSV file as such leading zeros are not there.

how to resolve this 🙂

• Edit the CSV file using Notepad. The zero will be there.

If you use Excel, it helpfully (:w00t:) guesses datatypes for you - numeric in this case, and therefore with no leading zeros.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• The problem is with Excel, not SSIS.

Edit: Oops. I see Phil's faster than I am this morning. 🙂

Alvin Ramard

• Alvin Ramard (10/14/2010)

The problem is with Excel, not SSIS.

Afternoon here and I'm fully caffeine'd-up 🙂

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin (10/14/2010)

Alvin Ramard (10/14/2010)

The problem is with Excel, not SSIS.

Afternoon here and I'm fully caffeine'd-up 🙂

Mid-morning here and I'm just starting my 3rd cup.

Alvin Ramard

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply