Cube not process

• I have a SQL Server Agent Job that runs a series of SSIS packages. The job reads data from a source database, transforms the data and, the final step, populates a SSAS installation.

This installation has been in place for over a year and has operated successfully on a daily basis.

Recently the account I used to develop and deploy the installation has been edited so as it is disabled each evening and only re-enabled on request, now the Job fails on the last step - processing the cube.

The error suggests the disabled account is needed to run the cube process as "the user's account has expired" is reported.

When the account is enabled (as it was last night), the process completes successfully.

The installation is on SS2008 R2.

The impersonation level of the cube is set to Impersonation and the account used is the service account which is a domain account.

Any ideas how I can set-up the installation to run even when the user's account has been disabled.

Thanks,

Duncan

All the best,

Duncan

• Duncan,

Is it the service account that has been edited? If not, I would set up the sevice account in the cube with process permissions.

Thanks,

Frank

• Frank hi, thanks for the response.

The service account is a domain account that runs the various services; SQL Server and Analysis Services included. This is enabled 24/7.

The account that is being disabled is the account I use to log-in with and it is this account that "owns" the MSAS installation.

The service account has been added to the MSAS windows group as I thought this might be the reason it would not process the MSAS database.

Thanks,

Duncan

All the best,

Duncan

• Duncan,

Are you able to process the SSAS db now or are you still having issues? If you are still unable to process the cubes then you will most likely need to change the owner/impersonation method used to connect to the relational database as well. You could set up the service account with select access to the database or create an account that has read rights to the database and mpersonate that user.

Thanks,

Frank

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply