cursor issue

• glen.wass (6/29/2011)

That error sounds like somting your calculating has a null value so you need to find out what and eliminate the null.

Do you have any representative data we can use to parse your cursor?

A zero surely. Dividing by NULL returns NULL.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• ys i agree 0 divided by null yeilds null, i had a simmilar issue with the same error and once i sorted out the null value the script worked fine

***The first step is always the hardest *******

• shilpa.shankar87 (6/28/2011)

Below error the job is throwing:

Executed as user: . Warning: Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation. [SQLSTATE 01003] (Message 8153) Warning: Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation. [SQLSTATE 01003] (Message 8153) Divide by zero error encountered. [SQLSTATE 22012] (Error 8134) The statement has been terminated. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 3621). The step failed.

Shilpa,

Find out which procedure is doing the divide by zero. Use the simple logging method I mentioned above and you'll find it. You need to fix that procedure.

Todd Fifield

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply