Data At Home

• Server: 1.25TB (6 disk RAID-5)

Desktop: 140GB (2 disk RAID-0) + 80GB

Laptop: 60GB

Asterisk: 8GB

• 10 TB in two 5 TB - Raid 5 configurations

(5 TB useable that it is backed up nightly to disk, hence the other 5 TB)

Mostly music, pictures and home videos.

• Mine: 300GB (Systems and Games)

My son: 600GB (Games, Movies & Music)

5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

• I use the Force.

• I have a wee 60GB Disk, the big problem is backing up all of my Wifes Photos.

Takes 20 CD's just for that, will have to splash out on a DVD-R or something else.

Kindest Regards,

Brandon

• I have a PC XT with a 20 MB hard drive and twin 5.25 floppy drives.

• And here's our winner .

• Wait, I can beat that...

I have a VIC 20 with 2 each 8mb and 1 each 16mb expansion cards (mounted on a homemade expansion board no less) and a (cassette) tape drive for storage using 10 min long tapes.

It connects to the internet with a 300 baud modem.

But it doesn't really matter, I have no browser for it and my compuserve account stopped working several years ago for some reason...  

And the days of dial up BBS are just about gone, at least for me anyway.

• I believe Vonage + Modem = a way to connec to one of the few remaining dial-up BBSs

of course... you could always telnet...

And with luck find a BBS that someone other then the person running it still uses.

Oh.. and I still have a handful of XT level machines laying around... I had an old Tandy CoCo3 until recently.... Granted, I can't remember the last time I actually took any of those things out of storage, and attached power to them...

• I also keep about a dozen pens and pencils around with about half dozen reams of paper, just in case.

• I prefer to keep an inkwell handy, then all I need to do is go out in the back yard, and pluck a tail-feather off a turkey.

now... what will the next step of retro be?

• Me have mud.

Me have stick.

What more me need?

• Me have secure storage

Me have cave to store mud and stick

Look at animal photo collection me ancestors stored on cave wall long time ago

Cave store is good

CD is bad

• ntbackup backup "@C:\Program Files\Windows NT\ntbackup\data\mud_stick2stone_chisel.bks" /j "1stBackupEver job" /t "Shushy Command Line tips1" /n "SQLSERVERCENTRAL Backup Job Version1"

this command line keeps asking me to format cave wall ...

•  

problem is @C is not correct. not invented yet.

Should be @cave:...

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply