Data Changes not Replicating

• Hi,

I have an application that makes changes to a replicated database. It does this via various stored procedures that are already in production and that are known to be working properly.

The application makes changes, but these changes are not being replicated to subscibers for the majority of records, although the occasional one does get propogated.

The changes are generating records in MSMerge_contents. The MSmerge_contents record has a generation number that is higher than the sentgen value for the subscriber in sysmergesubscriptions. But for some reason, the change just isn't picked up. Manually changing the record via Management Studio resolves the problem and the change propogates.

I'm at a loss to understand quite why this is happening. Any advice would be welcomed.

Publisher: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4262.00 (X64) Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

Subscribers: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3080.00 (Intel X86) Workgroup Edition on Windows NT 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 2)

or

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4053.00 (Intel X86) Express Edition with Advanced Services on Windows NT 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 2)

Regards, Iain

• What type of Replication you are using? Is the Data replicating to distributor?

• Hi Vyas,

Merge replication.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Is the Data replicating to distributor?". Could you perhaps explain?

Thanks, Iain

• check the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms152532(v=sql.105).aspx

• Thanks. I've pulled out the headline failure reasosn, I don't think any of them are relevant for me (but am happy to be corrrected if you think this isn't the case)

The table is filtered, and there are no changes to deliver to a given Subscriber. [Changes are present and are delivered when manually updated]

One or more agents are not running or are failing with an error. [Agent is running successfully]

A transactional subscription was initialized without a snapshot, and changes have occurred on the Publisher since the publication was created. [Not relevant]

Replication of stored procedure execution for a transactional publication produces different results at the Subscriber. [Again, I'd expect that the changes would never transfer if this was the case, but they transfer on manual update]

The INSERT stored procedure used by a transactional article includes a condition that is not met. [Again, I'd expect that the changes would never transfer if this was the case, but they transfer on manual update]

Data is deleted by a user, a replication script, or another application. [Not applicable in my case]

Data is deleted by a trigger, or a trigger includes a ROLLBACK statement. [Not applicable in my case]

The suspicious part of it for me is that the changes replicate when made via Management Studio, but not when made by the application. Are you aware of any differences between the way the changes would be handled?

• Please check the following link:

http://www.replicationanswers.com/MergeNonConvergence.asp

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply