data source connectivity issues

• Hello Everyone,

I have a bunch of rdl files developed previously by other developers.These rdl file points to different datasources which are on the production server. I just need to edit the header of them.

Now, my problem is that I have a solution which was previously created and which has these rdl files. But when I opened them in the ssrs 2005 designer, I do not see all the datasources. There is only one data source which is used by some rdl files. But for others rdl files it says cannot find the datasource.

So in such a case do I have to create a datasource which is similar to one in the production server with exact name and connection string and then test in the designer?

Also, when deploying on the server, I do not want to overwrite the datasource which already exists in the production server. Is there any way I just deploy the rdl file but not the datasource. Please let me know what I need to do.

Also, these rdl files use a stored procedures. In the data tab for those rdl files which are connected to the datasource it says "The EXEC SQL construct or statement is not supported.".So, shall i ignore this message when testing in designer .

Thanks,

• vick12 (12/4/2010)

Hello Everyone,

I have a bunch of rdl files developed previously by other developers.These rdl file points to different datasources which are on the production server. I just need to edit the header of them.

Now, my problem is that I have a solution which was previously created and which has these rdl files. But when I opened them in the ssrs 2005 designer, I do not see all the datasources. There is only one data source which is used by some rdl files. But for others rdl files it says cannot find the datasource.

So in such a case do I have to create a datasource which is similar to one in the production server with exact name and connection string and then test in the designer?

Also, when deploying on the server, I do not want to overwrite the datasource which already exists in the production server. Is there any way I just deploy the rdl file but not the datasource. Please let me know what I need to do.

Also, these rdl files use a stored procedures. In the data tab for those rdl files which are connected to the datasource it says "The EXEC SQL construct or statement is not supported.".So, shall i ignore this message when testing in designer .

Thanks,

Get the permission to to have look at existing datasources.

Its possible to deploy individual items in project.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply